Affiliate Marketing for Beginners: How to start Affiliate Marketing in 2021
Interested in tapping into the billion-dollar affiliate marketing industry? This guide will help you get started.
Blog created by Lin-k.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to get started with affiliate marketing in seven steps:
- Decide on a platform
- Choose your niche
- Find affiliate programs to join
- Drive traffic to your affiliate site
- Get clicks on your affiliate links
- Final thoughts
But First some basics
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.
How does affiliate marketing work?The vendor gives each affiliate an unique link so they can track who was responsible for the sale. The link are mostly very long with a lot of numbers.
So every Affiliate use URL shortener like lin-k, I find lin-k URL shortener far more better than other platforms. It also has a free platform and if you need more features it only cost $2.99 per month. Other platforms like Bitly, Cuttly, Rebrandly cost more than $150 per month.
but when someone clicks that link, a small file called a cookie gets stored on their device.
An affiliate cookie does two things:
- It helps the verdor attribute the sale back to the right person
- It (usually) holds an expiration date, so you get paid even if the buyer delays their purchase. (The vendor will tell you how many days) = for example Amazon affiliate holds it for 90 days. So if someone clicks on your link and buy something 60 days after your link. You will also get paid.